SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call (814) 255-6781
What to expect during your orthopedic treatment experience
We are committed to providing the highest quality of care for you and your family. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can process your paperwork. For your convenience, our patient forms are available online for you to download and fill out prior to your appointment.
We make every effort to see patients on time. We know your time is valuable. However, emergencies sometimes occur (especially in orthopedics). Some patients arrive late, and some patients require extra time. The amount of time the physician spends with each patient varies, depending on each patient’s condition. Any of these things may cause a delay in the schedule. If a delay occurs, we hope you understand.
To help the Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine team provide you with the best, most efficient care, please bring the following to your appointment:
- X-rays, MRIs, CT Scans, other imaging studies (if applicable); please call our office for further information on this subject.
- Health insurance plan I.D. card and a photo I.D.
- A referral from your primary care physician if your health plan requires it.
- Completed Patient Questionnaire form. This form may have been mailed to you. If not, you can download this form by clicking here.
- If this is a Workers’ Compensation injury and you have already notified your employer and have spoken with and received approval from our billing department, please complete and bring with you the Workers’ Compensation Questionnaire, which you can download by clicking here.
Please let the Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine staff know about any changes in name, address, telephone numbers and insurance carriers, so we can keep your records current. We require all information to be updated annually.
If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so another patient can be seen during your appointment time.
Comprehensive appointment to determine your orthopedic problem
After you contact the Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine office, a member of our team will schedule an initial appointment.
During that initial appointment, we will:
- Evaluate your current orthopedic or sports injury or condition and how it developed
- Consider any previous treatments you have had
- Review other medical conditions that need to be considered
- Perform a thorough physical examination
- If needed, conduct diagnostic testing
Personalized treatment plan to resolve your unique injury or condition
Your orthopedic specialist will analyze all diagnostic information from your initial consultation. Then, he will meet with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses your concerns and desires. Your orthopedist will also explain the recommended procedure step by step and provide you with clear, treatment-specific instructions.
Post-treatment guidelines vary depending on the treatment. We will go over everything with you. Always know that your physician and our staff are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
It’s time to get started. Take care of your orthopedic or sports-induced problems by calling us today at 814-255-6781 or requesting an appointment online now.