SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call (814) 255-6781
Now hiring: Physician Assistant
Western Pennsylvania Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Inc., a well-established, leading, comprehensive, orthopaedic surgery practice serving a 4 county region of scenic Western Pennsylvania, is seeking a full time Physician Assistant for our expanding practice of six orthopedic surgeons & one DPM to complement 4 experienced physician assistants and 2 CSTs.
The PA will serve as a supervised extension of the surgeons; seeing patients independently as well as in coordination with the surgeons in the clinic and hospital settings. In addition, the PA will consistently serve as a first assistant in the operating room. Only highly-motivated, self-driven candidates will be considered for this fast paced, dynamic and highly satisfying orthopaedic practice opportunity.
Expected PA responsibilities include:
- Approximately 50% clinical responsibility as OR First Assist
- Hospital Rounding
- Office and hospital pre-surgery evaluation and post-surgical office follow-up
- Casting and splinting
- Administration of joint injections (including ultrasound guidance and PRP)
- Inspection and interpretation of X-rays
- Evaluation and treatment of a variety of orthopedic subspecialties (Total Joints, Sports Medicine, Trauma/Fracture, Shoulder, Foot & Ankle)
- Rotating, shared on-call schedule
- Possess valid PA License and DEA# in Pennsylvania
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- High interest in orthopedic surgery field
- Electronic health competency
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to work as a team
- Manages time and performs responsibilities with optimal efficiency and work ethic
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Excellent Fringe Benefit Package
Qualified candidates, please email CV to Amy Whitlow, Practice Liaison.