SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call (814) 255-6781
Meet Christopher T. Donaldson, M.D.
Dr. Donaldson is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who diagnoses and treats the full spectrum of shoulder related problems.
- Shoulder and Elbow Injury and Dysfunction
- Simple and Complex Shoulder Dislocation
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Elbow Fractures and Dislocations
- Shoulder and Elbow Instability Procedures include:
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Resolution of Joint Instability
- Shoulder Reconstruction and Replacement
- Tendon Repair
- Fracture Care
“I am fortunate to have had great opportunities for sports medicine training through my involvement in Big Ten Conference athletics. As a result, I have extensive experience in treating sports injuries, including knee ligament injuries and dislocations, simple and complex shoulder dislocations, rotator cuff tears, elbow fractures and dislocations. I enjoy providing care for the elite, professional athlete as well as the leisurely ‘weekend warrior.’”
- The focus of Dr. Donaldson’s practice is complex shoulder and elbow injury and dysfunction. He provides a high volume of complex care to individuals with significant conditions of the shoulder and elbow.
- Many shoulder and upper extremity problems can be treated conservatively without the need for surgery. When surgery provides the best option for helping a person reach their fullest potential, providing expert surgical treatment close to home eliminates the inconvenience of traveling long-distances for surgery, follow-up care and rehabilitation. We can quickly respond to questions and concerns which enhances recovery and the transition back to normal activities.
Board Certified: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Fellow: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons; American Orthopedic Association
Fellowship: Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine,The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Systems, Baltimore, MD
Research Residency: Orthopedic Research, University of Maryland Medical Systems, Baltimore, MD
Medical School: Doctorate of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA
Undergraduate: Biology/Pre-Medicine, Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
Co-Founder: Big 10 Orthopedic Sports Fellow Society
Sports Medicine Team Coverage: The Ohio State University’s championship football, men’s ice hockey, wrestling and baseball teams
- Mid-Atlantic Shoulder and Elbow Society
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Orthopedic Association-Emerging Leaders Program
- Arthroscopy Association of North American
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Eastern Orthopedic Association
- Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Cambria County Medical Society
- Associate Master Instructor, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Orthopedic consultant for the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Orthopedic consultant for the Johnstown Tomahawks
- Orthopedic consultant for numerous area high school teams
Call (814) 255-6781 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Donaldson or request an appointment online now.