“In April 2011, I collided with another motorcycle head-on and ended up losing most of my right leg. My trauma surgeon that night was a West PA Ortho doctor, and the care I got from him was second to none. “I had to take a few years off after the accident, but I’m back to […]-Read More [+]
“Western PA Orthopedics is extremely professional, very convenient, very respectful of our time, and their expertise is very high. I felt very comfortable. I trust everyone, from the doctors to the staff. They’re all very efficient. My experience with them dates back 20 years, and the level of care has been consistently great. You know […]-Read More [+]
“We are like the ‘poster family’ for Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine. A former college baseball catcher, I’ve had a number of knee surgeries, and a car accident tore rotator cuff. I later tore my other rotator cuff and have had carpal tunnel surgery, and my wife has broken an ankle and a wrist. […]-Read More [+]
“My shoulder would ache in the evening when I laid down to go to sleep, and the pain would wake me as I turned. When I got up, the discomfort went away. My doctor recommended Western Pennsylvania Ortho & Sports Medicine.” “Because of bone spurs and arthritis, my West PA Ortho surgeon did a total […]-Read More [+]
“In the last 18 months, I’ve had 3 right knee injuries. The first was a volleyball injury: a complete tear of my right ACL with three torn ligaments. The second injury was from riding my ATV. In November 2013, I slipped on some ice and it re-tore my ACL and meniscus. For all three, my […]-Read More [+]
“I had always been very active, walked 5 to 8 miles every day and loved dancing. But arthritis took my life away. I would come home and cry because I could hardly walk. My family doctor referred me to Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine (WPOSM). “My WPOSM doctor said my best option was surgery. […]-Read More [+]
I had two bone-on-bone knees and couldn’t stand long in one position. I had to sit down. My WPOSM orthopedic surgeon said it was arthritis in my knees, and I had my right knee done in April 2014. It feels good. I did very well, and when I was all done, I didn’t use a […]-Read More [+]
Request an Appointment Now
Call (814) 255-6781
Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic & Sports Medicine
Western Pennsylvania Orthopedic Practice
It’s time to take control of your musculoskeletal health. Get started today by calling us at 814-255-6781.
Request an Appointment Now
Call (814) 255-6781
Western Pennsylvania Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Inc., a well-established, leading, comprehensive, orthopaedic surgery practice serving a 4 county region of scenic Western Pennsylvania, is seeking a full time Physician Assistant for our expanding practice of six orthopedic surgeons & one DPM to complement 4 experienced physician assistants and 2 CSTs.
The PA will serve as a supervised extension of the surgeons; seeing patients independently as well as in coordination with the surgeons in the clinic and hospital settings. In addition, the PA will consistently serve as a first assistant in the operating room. Only highly-motivated, self-driven candidates will be considered for this fast paced, dynamic and highly satisfying orthopaedic practice opportunity.
Expected PA responsibilities include:
- Approximately 50% clinical responsibility as OR First Assist
- Hospital Rounding
- Office and hospital pre-surgery evaluation and post-surgical office follow-up
- Casting and splinting
- Administration of joint injections (including ultrasound guidance and PRP)
- Inspection and interpretation of X-rays
- Evaluation and treatment of a variety of orthopedic subspecialties (Total Joints, Sports Medicine, Trauma/Fracture, Shoulder, Foot & Ankle)
- Rotating, shared on-call schedule
- Possess valid PA License and DEA# in Pennsylvania
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- High interest in orthopedic surgery field
- Electronic health competency
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to work as a team
- Manages time and performs responsibilities with optimal efficiency and work ethic
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Excellent Fringe Benefit Package
Qualified candidates, please email CV to Amy Whitlow, Practice Liaison.
Providing expert, compassionate, convenient care for optimal outcomes
- Expert care. Our board certified, fellowship trained orthopedic specialists have been providing superior care in Western Pennsylvania since 1982. Our team’s diverse expertise means we stand ready to provide proven, effective solutions for all musculoskeletal conditions.
- Compassionate care. Our caring physicians work together with our friendly staff to get you back to healthy, active, everyday living. We take the time to get to know you, learn about your needs and goals, explain every step of your treatment, answer any questions you may have, and work with insurance companies on your behalf. We want to take the worry and hassle out of getting you back to optimal health.
- Convenient care. We’re here for you when you need us. We have four convenient locations, and we have relationships with the area’s hospitals should surgery be necessary. We specialize in advanced, minimally invasive procedures to speed recovery.
- Optimal outcomes. We use the latest advancements, with proven results, to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate all injuries and conditions whether caused by accident, sports injury, overuse or aging. We will identify the source(s) of the problem(s), develop a personalized treatment plan specific to your needs and goals, and then correct the issue as quickly as possible.
Our professional, friendly orthopedic team has helped tens of thousands of patients. Let us help you, too. Give us a call today at (814) 255-6781 or request an appointment online now.